TP-Link VR400 Setup Guide
This article explains how to setup and configure your TP-Link Archer VR400 for a FttC/HFC/FttP service
Configuring your TP-Link Archer VR400
- Ensure the modem/router is turned on and plugged in
- Get a device you can connect to the router with, either by Wi-Fi or ethernet
- Open a web browser on that device and enter 192.168.1.1
- You will be brought to the Quick Setup, first, select your region and time zone and hit next
- Once you've clicked 'Next' on the region and time zone page, you will then be able to navigate to the 'Avanced' menu at the top of the page. Once there, select 'Operation Mode' on the left hand side menu.
- Selecet 'Wireless Router Mode' from the list of options and hit save. It will then prompt you to reboot the router. Select 'Yes' and the router will now reboot.
- Once it has powered back up, you will be able to resume the setup, by clicking 'Quick Setup' at the top of the page.
- The set up will now ask you to select your ISP from the dropdown, unfortunately we are not listed, so select other and hit next
- Once you’re on the next page you will need to ensure the VLAN Tag is disabled and the 'Internet Connection Type' is set to Dynamic IP, then hit next
Now you will have to set your wireless network names and passwords, you may leave these as default if you want. If you do decide to change them however, ensure you leave the “5G” at the end of the 5GHz Wi-Fi, to tell the two apart. Once that’s done hit next
- You will now have a confirmation page, double check everything that’s there is correct, once you have done so, hit save and your router will now be configured.
Need some assistance setting up your TP-Link VR400? Click here to fill out our quick and easy form